Venice Pride Sign Lighting and Block Party
Exhibitor Terms and Conditions
Venice Pride celebrates the unity of L.A.’s LGBTQ+ community, its friends and supporters. Through annual events and ongoing outreach, Venice Pride inspires, commemorates and supports diversity with the unique and eclectic spirit that embodies Venice Beach, California.
Online Application Information
Venice Pride retains the right to refuse any application without liability. Venice Pride retains the right to cancel events during Venice Pride 2019 at any time, in part or in full, without liability.
The act of receiving an online registration application shall not be deemed to impart or imply any obligation for Venice Pride to accept any bid or application. Upon approval of an application, the successful applicant will be notified via email of their acceptance and admission into the Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party. Applications will be considered incomplete and will be placed on hold if full payment is not made at the same time that the application is submitted online.
These rules and regulations form part of the Application and Agreement for participation in the 2019 Venice Pride Celebration on Saturday, June 1, 2019 (“Sign Lighting” and/or “Block Party”) between Venice Pride and the Applicant (“Participant”).
In order to participate in the 2019 Venice Pride Celebration, all organizations, affiliates, and individuals must:
- Support the mission and purpose of Venice Pride.
- Abide by the Rules of the Block Party Entry and all Terms and Conditions.
- Acknowledge that a failure to honor the mission, and undertaking of the Block Party; or failure to comply with Venice Pride’s rules could result in penalties, including exclusion from current and future events; or financial penalties.
- All applicants must meet category (non-profit or for-profit and tier) eligibility requirements as outlined in the online registration application. If requested by Venice Pride, applicants must provide proof that they qualify for the category applied for on their registration form. Should there be a dispute, Venice Pride reserves the right to deny an application on the grounds of ineligibility or offer the applicant an opportunity to reapply under the appropriate category with payment of the appropriate fees.
Block Party participants who breach any of the terms and conditions may be banned from participating in present or future Venice Pride events. Please note the Block Party and all other Venice Pride events are “rain-or–shine” events. Venice Pride does not assume any liability for bad or inclement weather or other factors outside the control of Venice Pride. Refunds cannot and will not be made for any reason whatsoever.
For further Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party information visit our web site at venicepride.org. All applicants are deemed to have read and agreed to the following. By completing this registration application and submitting it for consideration the Applicant agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions listed below:
On behalf of and with authority of the organization/ business/ individual making this application:
- The Applicant confirms that they are of the age of majority and have the authority to assume full responsibility for the behavior of all persons participating in the events falling under this application. The Applicant further agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations in connection with the event.
- The Applicant agrees to operate in a manner consistent with the celebration of Pride and the positive value of diversity and identity in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer communities.
- The Applicant hereby declares that no policy discriminates against, or harassment of any person who is employed by or is seeking either employment, membership, partnership, or volunteer status with the organization/business or individual on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or status as a covered veteran.
- Assignment of placement at the Block Party is processed according to many criteria. Placement is at the sole discretion of Venice Pride. Should conditions dictate, Venice Pride reserves the right to reassign placement as necessary through the start of the event.
- The Applicant specifically agrees that Venice Pride assumes no responsibility for damages to persons or property however caused, as a result of or pertaining to the participation and/or activities of the organization/business or individual. To the full extent permitted by law, Venice Pride shall not in any manner or for any cause be liable or responsible to any Participant or any other for any injury or damage to any person, business, or property in any way related to, or arising in connection with, the Block Party. Any and all claims for such injuries or damages are hereby waived and Applicant/Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Venice Pride and directors, officers, staff, vendors, volunteers, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) against any and all claims, liabilities, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, imposed on, incurred by, or asserted against Indemnified Parties caused by any act or omission of Participant, or arising in connection with the activities conducted by the Participant in connection with the Block Party.
- The Applicant understands that alcoholic beverages and controlled substances are not permitted at the Block Party site (outside of designated areas).
The Applicant understands and agrees that any breach of contract may result in one or more of the following consequences:
- Denial of permission to participate in the Block Party
- Forfeiture of any and all registration fees
- Removal from participation during the Block Party
- Financial penalties
- Legal action with respect to Breach of Contract and/or Trespassing
- Exclusion from participation in future events
- Application of criminal charges
- Legal action to recover monetary costs related to actions by the participants, including damage to property, court fines, and fees resulting from lawsuits or charges against Venice Pride
- Financial & Contractual Requirements
- Refunds cannot be made for any reason.
- All fees are payable online by credit card. Venice Pride accepts Discover, American Express, Visa & MasterCard; cash will not be accepted.
- Applicants that are unable to pay with a credit card will be charged a processing and bank fee.
- Applications will not be processed or considered if payment is incomplete. The next applicant on the waiting list will be contacted immediately and presented with an opportunity to register.
- Block Party requirements:
Please review all requirements and provisions related to booth space. Failure to provide strict compliance with all provisions, and all applicable State of California government regulations and requirements, will result in denial of access to booth space and forfeiture of all applicable fees, and may result in reimbursement to Venice Pride of government-imposed fines and penalties.
- Exhibitors may load in anytime between 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 1, 2019 by accessing Windward Ave. from Windward Circle. Venice Pride cannot provide parking so Exhibitors must exit Windward Ave. after completing load in.
- All Exhibitors are required to arrive prior to 3:00 p.m. and be open by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 1, 2019. Block Party hours are 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Vendors must remain open until the Block Party closes at 11:00 p.m.
- Food and Beverage – Venice Pride reserves the right to be the sole provider of all beverages of any kind. Beverages of any kind, including, but not limited to, water (bottled or any other kind), soft drinks or sodas, sports drinks, juices, smoothies, or alcoholic beverages may NOT be sold (or otherwise distributed) by any exhibitor. Only beverages or food for personal consumption by organization personnel is permitted.
- Only Exhibitors applying for “Commercial – Food Sales” space may sell (or otherwise distribute) beverages, food, or food products of any kind.
- Assignment of booth space and booth space location is at the sole discretion of Venice Pride. Should conditions dictate, Venice Pride reserves the right to reassign booth space and/or relocate booth space as necessary.
- Exhibitors shall not place in the booth space any apparatus or goods that shall in any manner be objectionable, or that shall in any manner be dangerous. Venice Pride reserves the sole right to determine whether such apparatus or goods are consistent with this provision and may require their immediate removal.
- Venice Pride reserves the right to move or prohibit the display of any signage, article, or product that, in its opinion, is not in keeping with the nature and character of the Block Party, or not in harmony with other booth spaces.
- No Exhibitor shall operate amplification equipment or voice or audio reproducing machines of any type. Venice Pride has the sole authority to require the immediate removal of any such equipment.
- Booth spaces will be staffed and operated in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Venice Pride reserves the sole right to determine compliance with this provision, and have the right to order the immediate cessation of any activity in violation of this requirement.
- Exhibitor shall have the right, subject to the provisions herein contained, to arrange materials and goods within the booth space allotted to them in the manner best suited for displaying and demonstrating their goods and services. No part of an exhibit shall extend outside of the booth space, or interfere with adjoining booths. No signage, flyers, or promotional materials of any kind may be posted in or on locations outside of the allotted space within the perimeter of the Block Party area, without prior written permission by Venice Pride.
- Within a maximum of two hours of the closure of the Block Party Exhibiting hours, Exhibitor shall have removed all property, goods, and materials brought into the Block Party area, and shall leave the space both broom clean and free from all rubbish. All rubbish must be properly disposed of according to Block Party guidelines.
- Exhibitor shall “load-in” all property, goods and materials during the designated set-up period only.
- Exhibitor shall be prohibited from removing property, goods, and services during the operating hours of the Block Party, without the written consent of Venice Pride.
- Exhibitor shall not assign or sublet any of the booth space(s) granted to them as set forth herein, without the prior written consent of Venice Pride.
- Exhibitor shall install materials in such a manner as not to cause damage to the booth space, any other booth space(s), or to the Block Party grounds. Any such damage and subsequent liability incurred by Venice Pride, or resulting government fines, shall be paid by Exhibitor or reimbursed to Venice Pride.
- Exhibitor must make provisions for the safeguarding of goods, materials, equipment, and displays at all times. Venice Pride does not guarantee or protect exhibitors against loss or damage of any kind. Venice Pride shall in no way be liable for Exhibitor failure to make provisions for the safeguarding of such items, and Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Venice Pride for any such failure to make such provisions.
- No animals are allowed (except licensed guide/service animals with proper government issued licenses).
Los Angeles, CA Municipal Requirements
- Participant represents and warrants that the participant and organization has or will maintain throughout the conclusion of the Block Party appropriate insurance policies and coverage limits for all vehicles, property, and individuals participating in the Block Party on behalf of the Participant, and that Venice Pride and the City of Los Angeles are, or will be, named as an insured under such policies for the period of the Block Party. Participant will provide Venice Pride with a copy of such policies upon Venice Pride’s request. Venice Pride shall in no way be liable for Participant’s failure to obtain proper insurance, and Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Venice Pride for any such failure to obtain insurance.
- All Exhibitors shall comply with and ensure that its employees and agents comply with all legal requirements imposed by any government agency, including, but not limited to, all State of California health, food and safety regulations, Federal and State of California licensing and tax regulations, and all applicable site regulations related to the use of public space in the State of California.
- The State of California will be enforcing collection of California Sales Tax on all items and goods sold by Exhibitors, including, but not limited to, sales by Non-Profit Exhibitors. All Exhibitors, whether or not conducting sales or accepting contributions, will be required to complete and sign an official sales report and will be required to pay directly to the State of California the total amount of applicable sales tax due. The total amount of any contributions not related to the sale of goods, products, services, or any other such sale items, and not subject to California Sales Tax, must also be included on the official sales report. California Tax forms will be sent via email with a direct link to California Tax & Revenue – it is your responsibility to complete and submit these tax forms post event.
- Exhibitors planning to hold drawings, raffles, or other similar activities (“drawing”), must identify and comply with all applicable local, state, and federal rules, laws and regulations. The awarding of prizes or similar materials, products, merchandise, services or similar benefits (“prizes”) shall be the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor and Venice Pride shall not be liable or responsible for Exhibitor’s failure to properly conduct the drawing or distribute prizes.
- Liability Release
In consideration of the acceptance of this application and permission to participate in the Block Party, I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby release, waive and forever discharge Venice Pride staff, board, volunteers, and suppliers, the City of Los Angeles, CA and all other associations, sanctioning bodies and sponsoring companies, and all their respective Venice Pride’s, officials, servants, contractors, representatives, volunteers, staff, elected and appointed officials, successors and assigns OF AND FROM ALL claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action, whether in law or equity, in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to my person or property HOWEVER CAUSED, arising or to arise by reason of my participation in the said event, whether as an exhibitor, spectator, participant, contingent or otherwise, whether prior to, during or subsequent to the event, AND NOTHWITHSTANDING that the same may have been contributed to, or occasioned by the negligence of any of the aforesaid.
I FURTHER HEREBY UNDERTAKE to HOLD AND SAVE HARMLESS and AGREE TO INDEMNIFY all of the aforesaid from against any or all liability incurred by any or all of them as a result of, or in any way connected with my participation in the said event. BY SUBMITTING THIS ENTRY, I ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. I WARRANT that I am physically fit to participate in this event.
I have READ, UNDERSTOOD and AGREE TO all the terms and conditions of this application and all the terms and conditions contained herein.
BY PURCHASING A PRIDE PARTNER, SPONSOR OR EXHIBITOR PACKAGE, I DO HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I UNDERSTAND, ACCEPT, AND WILL ABIDE BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS CONTRACT. I UNDERSTAND THIS IS AN ELECTRONIC TRANSACTION, AND THAT BY PURCHASING THE PACKAGE AND MAKING APPLICATION FOR THE PACKAGE, I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS CONTRACT.
Updated: March 15, 2019 2:00 P.M. PDT